English Language Challenges

Hi everyone, I would like to talk about my experience with the English at the university. Well, I do not have good reference about English at the university, except this course (the English 4th). I remember the English level 3 like a bored course. We had two modalities, working in laboratory with the writing a blog and other days we had expositive classes. In general, during expositive classes we worked in pair. The teacher chose a specific topic and we must to generate a dialogue around this topic or sometimes we had to answer certain questions about ourselves. The truth is… we spoke in Spanish because it was very difficult and boring to speak in English.
When students get into to the university for the first time, they usually are not accustomed to the extensive hours of classes and often the English course is done in the afternoon after being in other classes in the morning, from 8.30 to 13.30. Of course, the students are tired to continue with English classes all afternoon until 17.45.
In my opinion the English course should last an hour and a half and should be done once a week, this modality would not be too demanding for new students. Teachers would work with fewer students per class so they can get to know their students better. When teachers know how their students learn, they can create strategies for each one of them accordingly.

About using blog as a learning tool, I do not consider it to be entirely effective because the student does not receive feedback about their mistakes in writing the different reviews.

Comments

  1. Oh my dear, with every passing day I become more and more infatuated with you. Of course I will marry you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in accordance with you in that the course should last an hour and half! is the fair and necessary for learn and not bored! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My best concert

Write

My momentary obsessions